image1 image2 image3

I am a business person by profession, owner of Pari's Haute Couture since 20 years.

Not the right person for the job!


Pranam To My Guru Krsna!

My discovery of how God has placed each individual in the right place!

Almost everyone in their life sometime or the other have said that maybe they are not the right person for the job! I too have said it and this invariably comes up in a fight or an argument. I was facing great difficulty in business and was in an extremely tight spot and there was this discussion between my husband and me. I was cribbing about the issue and my husband was continuously telling  me that I have to come up with the answer and invariably in the back and forth it turned into an argument. I stomped off saying, ’Maybe I am not the right person for the job’

I was mulling on this for a couple of days and was feeling quite upset and depressed,all the while thinking, ‘Why did God have to put me in such a situation?’ ‘Why can’t I do the things required?’ In this vein a dozen questions for which I did not have answers kept on popping up in my mind. Mind as they say is the devil’s workshop, it kept on adding more fuel to my fire. And I went further down, in my self-esteem, self-confidence and self-worth, mind kept on badgering me further and further and I thought that I was the worst person ever to be given this job! My husband kept explaining to me that my thinking was wrong and that I could do it. My patent answer was, I am not the right person and then I would just clam up and go into my shell.

This was the time that our Gita Satsangs were on and in my morose mood I was listening but not paying too much attention! Then Guruji said, ‘God has put everyone in their right place and in the right time’ This caught my attention and I started listening keenly. I was still wondering about this and then Guruji said, ‘Does God not know what he is doing? Will he give a potter a carpenter or a painter’s job? Not that the potter cannot do the other jobs, but his job is pottery and he should excel in it!

Guruji continued, ‘What makes you think that you are not the right person, so you doubt God? Now tell me when the CEO of a top company has to appoint CFO, CTO and all the  other senior staff, is he just going to employ people left right and center or will he pick and choose after careful considerations,that candidate whom he considers as the right one! If the CEO does this for running his company, then the Lord who needs his world run,will he not choose  the right candidate.’ Another example Guruji gave, ‘When you want to buy a cell phone or a car,in your budget don’t you go look around and select the best your money can buy? So think, he has placed you on this earth to do His job, why can you not understand and 
Krsna teaching Arjuna
At Kurukshetra
believe that you are The Right Person, in The  Right Place and at The Right Time’ Stop this  silly thinking and get on with your job! Use that wonderful mind which he has given you to go in the right direction. Remember mind can either make you or break you,then why not take its help to make you. What’s stopping you? So go, go out there and do His job as you are The Right Person for The Job!’

On hearing Guruji’s these words I got like a big jolt of surprise and just sat literally in shock. I felt that he was speaking  directly with me alone rather than a whole  group and how did he know that I needed that explanation. Then I remembered that a Guru always knows, as the Guru is Eternal Mother and a mother always knows what her child needs. I felt very humbled and highly motivated after the Satsang and since then made every effort to not let such thoughts enter my mind. The Lord has placed each person in the right place, it's our duty to  do our job to the best of our capability.I humbly thank my Guruji for this profound teaching and wonderful explanation.

Om Shri Guru Krsna    

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment