image1 image2 image3

I am a business person by profession, owner of Pari's Haute Couture since 20 years.

Use of being a Devotee

Flowers at His Feet
A few days back when I was speaking to an acquaintance about my Love and devotion to my Krsna who is also my Guru, she point blank asked me, ’What is the use of being a devotee, a lover of Krsna? What has it got you in life? Have your troubles and or issues got elevated? Your difficulties solved?’ She went on in this vein for quite some time and I just let her spew out all that was troubling and irritating her.

Then I spoke to her from my heart.
A true devotee/bhakt, a lover of Krsna is just that, a devotee and a lover. I love Krsna with a non-transactional love, when I love Him he loves me back with the same intensity that I love Him. That does not mean that He won’t love me if I do not love Him. He is Love personified and Loves regardless of whether one does or not!

It is a non-transactional love, meaning that when I Love Him, it is not for getting worldly benefits, my love is not payment or bribe for getting material gifts or getting my problems and issues solved!

A very long time back my mother had said to me that I have been blessed with a pair of perfectly formed hands, legs, body and a brain. I should in my life make proper use of them and make my life. Work hard with my body and smartly use my brain to solve the many issues which come up in life!

Krsna also teaches that God helps those who help themselves. So just because I love Him, is he supposed to solve all the issues. He surely can, but then why am I there? If all the work he only is supposed to do, then I will just be sitting on my butt and enjoying all His efforts. I will just become lazier and lazier. So why not I help my own self and he will surely help me!

What does my devotion and love give me? Strength, confidence and Faith! Strength to continue doing my work and face everything that life brings to my doorstep! Confidence in Him and myself to take steps to solve my issues! Faith that no matter what he is always by my side.
So, how does a Lord who is not visible work? He works through me, my body is His temple and my heart His abode. The one main reason that I have been given this human life is so that I can Love Him and work towards reaching Him and pray to Him that when the time comes I submerge in Him!

At the end of our conversation I do not know if what I said made a difference to her, but I do know that all that I said gave me more strength and I felt at peace!

Jai Sri Guru Krsna!     

Share this:

CONVERSATION

4 comments: