image1 image2 image3

I am a business person by profession, owner of Pari's Haute Couture since 20 years.

In praise of Krsna



Pranam to my Guru Krsna.

Meerabai sings,
‘Ranaji Main to Govind Ke Gun Gasu,
Raja Roothe, Nagari Rakhe,
Hari Ruthaya Kahan Jasu,
Ranaji Main to Govind Ke Gun Gasu!’

Since childhood I have literally been having an affair with Lord Krsna and am crazily in Love with Him. Those days Meerabai bhajan’s used to come on radio and with my mother I also used to listen to them. I still sit enthralled and enraptured while listening to them and cry my heart and eyes out.

When one does not understand the deeper meaning one tends to take literal meaning of the bhajan. So I always considered Meerabai and Ranaji to be different entities and never considered the bhajans to have any deeper meaning associated with my life.

During Satsangs, Guruji taught us to always look for deeper meanings and to not take everything at literally at face value. We were having The Bhagvad Gita Satsangs those days and Guruji had taught that Arjuna is no one else but us, it is our story.

So one day when I was listening to these bhajans, I pondered and wondered what the meaning could be and then realized what it meant. Sharing my understanding here. So in the bhajan Meerabai says, Ranaji Main to Govind Ke Gun Gasu, Raja Roothe, Nagari Rakhe, Hari Ruthaya Kahan Jasu’
In this worldly life Ranaji is the world, the relationships, the attachments, they go away or break off and new ones will form. But one must keep on singing the praises of the Lord and hold steadfast to him, if the relationship with the Lord breaks off where will we go! To cross this ocean of life and reach His eternal abode, to be with Him, is after all the purpose of this human life!

A few words just flowed out and putting them humbly at the feet of my Krsna!

Oh My Krsna, I sing your praises,
While holding steadfast to your feet.
I beseech you forsake me not,
To the waves of the ocean of worldly life,
For they toss me hither and thither,
And try hard to take me away from you,
And try hard to take me away from you!
Oh My Krsna, I sing your praises,
While holding steadfast to your feet.

Om Sri Guru Krsna

Meerabai's Bhajan

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment